ACENDIO GENERAL ASSEMBLY & ELECTIONS
YOUR CHANCE TO GET INVOLVED!
New Officers and Board members will be elected at the ACENDIO Annual General Meeting at the Valencia Conference on March 24th 2017.
Notes for 2017 Elections
- The procedure governing elections is set out in Article 6 of the ACENDIO Constitution.
- In 2017 the following elections will be held:
Vice President 2017-2019
Board Members (2) 2017-2021
- Nominations for candidates must be made on the official form, signed by the nominated person, the seconder and the person making the nomination, and returned to the returning officer:
by email to ACENDIO secretary (email@example.com) at least twenty-four hours in advance of the General Assembly, or
by hand to the ACENDIO desk at least one hour before the scheduled start of the General Assembly on Friday 24th March 2017 at the Conference Venue.
Members are advised that all nominations received up to one hour before the General Assembly will be considered valid and entered into the election process. In the event that there are no nominations received for a position in advance of the General Assembly, the returning officer retains the right to receive verbal nominations during the meeting.
- In the quest for greater diversity, we would particularly welcome nominations from women as they are currently under-represented on the Board.
- Information about candidates will be made available in member packs and at the ACENDIO Information Point at the conference. Nominees are asked to provide a one page resume for this purpose to the secretary by Friday 24th March 2017, 16:30.
- Voting will take place during the General Assembly Meeting, which will be held on Friday 24th March 2017 at 18.00hrs. Voting papers will be distributed at the meeting. To be eligible to vote you must be a member of ACENDIO.
- Results will be announced on the morning of Saturday 25th March 2017, in the next ACENDIO News and on the ACENDIO website.
- The new Board (but not the committees) will meet on Saturday 25th March 2017 at the end of the conference.
Please note that there is no election committee governing this process.
Link to Nomination Form